Saturday, May 29, 2010

collection in progress

update a bit about my life:)
I've been working so hard on my draft range in these few weeks, drawing sketches, playing with colors, dyeing fabrics, making patterns, constructing toile, doing fitting etc.
Nothing better than have a look on how other fashion masters doing magic on clothes when you feel stuck on your work, here i found something: RAF SIMON S/S 08

All Image via Vogue UK
http://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/show.aspx/full-length-photos/id,4917#/imageno/2

I was shocked when I re-watch this collection since i've found that my approach in my collection is similar to Raf's collection at some point: We're both playing with gathering on men, but my approach is more organic and free flow while Raf applied it horizontally; Our collection are both heavily influenced by color, by all mean, our color palettes are totally different. What i like about this collection? The detailing, combination of textures and the proportions he used.
While my supervisor said I need some more textures in my collection, i think this is a great reference to learn from.


1 comment:

  1. I LOOVED this season's collection also! Not too big on his more recent collections, but this one really caught my eye also!
    For me it was mainly for the colour blocking and the sporty shapes, but yeah the gathering is used really well!

    ReplyDelete